Every online publisher who wants to scale a digital payment offer poses the strategically important question:
How can as many readers as possible be made aware of the offer?
Where do PLUS subscription buyers come from?
Anyone who offers a digital product knows that the Marketing an immense challenge represents. It can fail because of costs, time, resources and responsibilities. Simply advertising the digital subscription in your own print edition is not enough. New target groups and customer needs are not achieved in this way.
On the other hand, no seasoned publisher wants traffic from grace Google, Facebook & Co instructed .
What are the most effective channels?
The best tried strategy is that you do a lot more of your existing Online readers send in payment areas! There, the user only recognizes how exciting the Plus article is by reading the article mostly free of charge.
The The best advertising is the paid content itself.
Then the customer knows where he is and buys.
But be careful! Sending people blindly into any content, however good, is dangerous. It is therefore important where the user comes from. He was before in the same context or was he just tempted to click on the payment URL via an exciting title? The conversion rate is usually much higher in the first case.
There are also options
- by own Newsletter to make readers aware of Plus articles
- SEO to optimize so that Google users land on the page
- Facebook and others Social Networks to use - Facebook has been unlocking paid content for about a year, but has unfortunately deprioritized publisher content at the same time
- manual linking from the CMS by an editor - mostly his own article URLs that he knows
- (partially) automated Teaser under or next to the text without contextual reference; or (partially) automated teasers on the start or topic pages
Status quo of the channels for many publishers
Almost all of these channels need manpower with a lot of know-how and technology. The most common approach is to promote the home page with rotating teaser widgets on Plus items. The teasers are usually installed manually, sometimes supported in the CMS backend with a suggestion system. The disadvantage, the time for a paid teaser is limited and there is a high level of competition and the many paid items in this position. This means that only a fraction of the range can be provided.
16,590 total, 34 views today